The Tumbling Imposter

 Dear friends,

There’s no other way to describe it. These last two weeks have been wickedly fucked up, but in a good way. Since the book’s release, I have been grabbed at 360 degrees between interviews, podcasts, responding to emails, and getting ready for Saturday’s book reading/signing. I’m experiencing social media fatigue. Oh, and my phone is on fire. Let’s throw in the mix that I am working a string of night shifts in an emergency department out of town. I’m tumbling, mentally speaking. 

All of this attention is very humbling and to be quite honest I look forward to the dust settling a a little. One of my interviews ended up on the front page of my hometown paper, which I did not expect, and have mixed feelings about. I am very much feeling like an imposter these days.

Dammit Jim, I’m an ER doc, not a real author!

But, I have some time off work coming up, and Saturday should be fun. For those of you coming, thank you- enjoy the food, the music and the atmosphere! For those of you who are not, I will be sure to post some pictures. Then I am going to relax, sit back, and let the book continue to sell organically, I guess eventually finding its way to a steady-state.

Again, I cannot thank you enough.

Best,

JD





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frank Gallagher?

Nothing Comes Before It

Intubating Alcoholics